Enemy Territory

What are you currently playing?

Enemy Territory

Postby RoterPunkt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm gonna reinstall! Who wants to play? :D
RoterPunkt

Re: Enemy Territory

Postby t-readyroc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Get QW. It's like ET as far as game play, but with lots of extra goodies.
t-readyroc
Site Admin

Postby RoterPunkt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Airborne said it was a bit buggy and laggy. Not a lot of fun to play. :?

You enjoyed it? Still play it?
RoterPunkt

Postby t-readyroc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:20 pm

I don't remember it ever being all that buggy/laggy, but like I said in the other thread, I rly don't have time for much anymore lately. I know dak still plays it when he can.
t-readyroc
Site Admin

Postby ACAirborne » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:42 am

I havent played it since we were all playing Beta and I remember the net code being crappy and I'd be laggy as hell. And it seemed like I needed to empty 2 magazines into someone just to kill them. I've got ET reinstalled but I cant figure out how to get my config the way I like it. Seems like u need ur custom config for each mod. Lemme know if u wanna hop on and i'll hop on as well. I dont have as much time these days but I usually sneak in later on at night around 10 or 11 pm EST to get some gaming time on.
ACAirborne

Postby RoterPunkt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Maybe Sunday night then, for some old ET gaming goodness? I close every night this week for the Easter Weekend, so I won't be doing any gaming until about 3am.
RoterPunkt

Postby dakster » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:22 am

QW is still the best multiplayer game out there right now imo. I haven't been on much the past few months though. It's pretty stable now, and has been for a while. You do have to empty a whole clip into someone until you get used to hitting the headshots, and it still takes a couple shots unless you're running promod, but not a lotta folks running that except for comp games.

Once the wedding is done, I fully plan on jumping back into QW when I get a chance for some pubbing goodness. Then again the L4D expansion will be out by then, and I may have to dip my toes back into the zombie waters...
dakster

Postby RoterPunkt » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Does anybody still have their modified configs from way back when? I'm thinking of those competition configs we all used to use that set your picmips way down and such to see better over long maps. I've been looking eveywhere for my old ones and I can't seem to find them.
RoterPunkt

Postby t-readyroc » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Bazam. Couple of different name scripts in there, but you get the gist of it. LMK if you want the spawn timer ;)
Attachments
scripts.zip
(5.52 KiB) Downloaded 819 times
t-readyroc
Site Admin

Postby RoterPunkt » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:32 am

So, I'm looking around the :interwebs" a bit, trying to find some old ET OGL/CAL/TWL configs when I stumbled across this. Austin "Nomad" Davis and his guide to everything scripted! Taking a look through the configs, I noticed that under his name scripts, the top name is =A-T=Austin. He's got to be, what.... 21 or 22 or so now? Wow. :shock:
RoterPunkt

Next

Return to Gaming